A thief broke into a beloved Seventh Avenue Mexican restaurant, but got away with only $7 in coins.
Cops say that the burglar entered Chiles and Chocolate, which is between St. Johns and Lincoln places, after the restaurant closed on Nov. 24.
Workers arriving on Nov. 26 discovered the missing $7.
Even when the bike-riding iPhone bandit isn’t involved, the phones are still a hot commodity.
Two thugs beat up a woman and stole her iPhone on Seventh Avenue on Nov. 26. The woman told cops that she was talking on the phone near the corner of Union Street at around 10:30 pm when two men approached from behind and one threw her to the ground.
The other stole the fancy cellphone before both men fled.
At least five vehicles were broken into or stolen:
• A thief stole a 2007 Triumph motorcycle from Eighth Street between Eighth Avenue and Prospect Park West between Nov. 25 and Nov. 28.
• A iPhone-craving thief bashed the driver’s-side window of a delivery truck on 10th Street on Nov. 27 to steal the coveted device. The driver said he had parked at Seventh Avenue at 1:20 pm and left the phone charging.
• Someone wanted a 16-year-old Honda Accord, which was swiped off 14th Street between Fourth and Fifth avenues between Nov. 25 and Nov. 28.
• A 2006 Acura was swiped from First Street at Eighth Avenue overnight on Nov. 24. It was gone when the owner returned at 6 pm.
• A thief snatched an 11-year-old Dodge van from 14th Street between Seventh and Eighth avenues overnight on Nov. 21.
— Gersh Kuntzman